Thank you for supporting the Seattle Attic Community Workshop! While member pay for a large portion of our operating costs, we rely on your donations to continue and to expand our operations. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation and donation receipts will be provided to you for all donations.
General donations are used to supplement our operations fund, which pays for:
- operating expenses: rent, utilities, insurance, etc
- equipment costs: purchasing and maintaining equipment
- consumable costs: maintaining stock for consumables for 2D/3D printers, sewing machines, etc.
- community outreach: booths and activity supplies for local conventions and Mini Maker Fair
- sundries: keeping the kitchen and bathroom stocked
We also maintain a separate scholarship fund, which is used to cover some or all of the member dues for members that would otherwise be unable to afford to join. It is important to us as an organization that someone who wishes to join our community is not turned away solely due to finances.
Ways to donate:
Donate to the general fund via our PayPal donation page, which allows one-time or recurring donations of any amount. Paypal covers all transaction fees for donations from that page. Requires a PayPal account
Donate via credit card or ACH bank transfer, without creating an account. One-time or recurring donations for either the general fund or scholarship fund.
You can also donate (via cash or check) at the Attic. Just drop your donation off at one of our donation boxes/receptacles.
Corporate and Matching Donations
Many companies also have corporate charity programs and will match donations to 501(c)3 charities. Microsoft employees, for example, can go to MS Give (an intranet link) and search for Seattle Attic Community Workshop to have donations matched. Currently, we are included in corporate charity programs that use Benevity, PayPal Giving Fund, or the GuideStar database.
If your company does not include Seattle Attic in their corporate charity program and you would like to donate to us through it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have charity partnerships so that you can support Seattle Attic when you shop online:
- Our Amazon Smile account allows you to donate .5% of your Amazon purchases to us, when you designate us as your preferred charity and begin your shopping through smile.amazon.com.
- The Humble Store now includes Seattle Attic as one of the charity options, so we can receive donations for your bundle/store purchases.
Physical Item Donations
We appreciate donations of equipment and other physical items. However, since we have limited space and must be selective about which ones we accept, we ask that you first contact us about donating physical items before bringing them in. If you have items that you would like to donate us, please email us at email@example.com with the details.